In 1919, the growing community of Presbyterians in the Carneys Point area organized and raised the needed funds to build Union Presbyterian Church. What became of their efforts was a labor of love, and has served to be the spiritual home to many families in the years that followed.
In the 1950's, the church grew and grew and clearly needed a bigger house to worship in. Once again, the community organized and raised the required funds for what was needed. In 1962, a beautiful new sanctuary was blessed and ready for song, the Word and celebration. As we all know, the former sanctuary then became the new fellowship hall, and Union Presbyterian continued its mission and ministry for the community in big ways.
Today, our Union family continues to be a really important part of the greater surrounding communities; providing a home for not just our church family, but for various local scouting groups, the Woman's Club of PG-CP, the Salem County Brass Society and various support groups needed by our neighbors. Union Presbyterian Church is an extremely busy place!
In order to continue to serve as a home for our spiritual needs and for the needs of our greater community, we must maintain our house. Over the past two years, through the generosity of members and friends, we have managed to replace two sets of doors that were becoming a hazard. At this point we still have two sets to replace with the fund still in need of extra money. We would ask that you prayerfully consider donating to this cause. Donations should be marked "Memorial Doors".